Website Terms /Privacy
Terms & Conditions
- Terms & Conditions Modifications & Variations
- Use & Distribution of Website Materials
- Third-Party Websites
- Unlawful & Prohibited Use
- Email & Communication
- Materials Submitted to WMS
- Liability Disclaimer
- Breaches of Terms & Conditions
The www.wmsde.org website (the "Website") is provided to you by Wilmington Montessori School (“WMS”). The following terms and conditions, without modification, govern your use of the website. Your use of the Website constitutes your agreement to all terms, conditions and notices contained herein (the "Terms and Conditions") without modification. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use the Website, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USE OF THE WEBSITE.
Terms & Conditions Modifications & Variations
Use & Distribution of Website Materials
Unless otherwise specified, the Website is for your personal and noncommercial use.The Website is protected by copyright law and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. No logo, trademark or image from the Website may be copied or re-transmitted without the express written permission of WMS.
Unless otherwise stated, Wilmington Montessori School owns the intellectual property rights for the Website and material within the site. By using this Website, you agree that you will not redistribute, copy, amend or commercially exploit any materials found on the Website without express written permission from WMS. Permission may be withheld at WMS's sole discretion.
- Link to the Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage WMS’s reputation or exploit it.
- View, download and print pages from the Website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- Republish material from the Website without written consent from the Director of Communications or Head of School.
- Frame any page of the WMS on any other site without consent from the Director of Communications or Head of School.
- Establish a link to the Website that suggests any form of association, approval or endorsement on the part of WMS where none exists.
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from the Website.
- Reproduce, copy or otherwise exploit material on the Website for a commercial purpose. Edit or otherwise modify any material on the Website.
- Redistribute material from the Website except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution (i.e., the Wilmington Montessori School newsletter).
- Copy, modify, distribute, perform, display, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, re-transmit, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from the Website.
- Use any computerized or automatic mechanism to access, extract and/or download any information from the Website.
The Website may contain links to sites and resources controlled or provided by third parties (non-affiliates of WMS). WMS disclaims liability for any information, materials, products, or services posted or offered outside the wmsde.org domain and accepts no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
WMS shall have no liability arising from orders or purchases of third-party goods or services based on information published on the Website.
Unlawful & Prohibited Use
By using this Website, you agree that you will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions.You must not use the website:
- In any way that causes or may cause damage to WMS (including reputation).
- In any manner which could damage or impair the Website, the networks connected to the Website or any other party's use of the Website.
- To copy, store, host, transmit, use or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer viruses or other malicious computer software.
- In any jurisdiction where distribution or use of the website would be contrary to local law or regulation.
- In any way which infringes any rights of a third party (including rights of privacy and copyright) or in connection with any unlawful, fraudulent, or harmful purpose or activity.
- To conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities on or in relation to the Website without the express prior written consent of WMS.
- To transmit or send unsolicited commercial or non-commercial communications.
You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Website, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Website by any means including hacking or password mining.
Email & Communication
The Website may contain email address links, bulletin board services, mailing lists, blogs or other communication tools designed to enable you to communicate with others and WMS. You agree to use these tools only to post, send and receive messages/materials that are appropriate and related to the WMS business. You may not use these tools to defame, abuse, harass, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others, to disseminate any inappropriate, profane, discriminatory, obscene, defamatory, indecent or unlawful information, or to advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services.
WMS has no obligation to monitor the use of these communication tools; however, WMS reserves the right to review/monitor materials posted through these tools and remove any content in its sole discretion. WMS also reserves the right to terminate your access to these tools or the Website without notice for any reason.
Materials Submitted to WMS
WMS does not claim ownership of any materials/content you provide to WMS (including, but not limited to, feedback and images) or submit to the Website. However, by submitting this content, you are granting WMS permission to use your materials in connection with the Website and the school without the payment or compensation to you in respect of any such use of your submission. You warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all rights to content you submit to WMS.
This Website and any content contained herein or accessible from are provided “as is.” WMS makes no warranties or representations regarding the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of any information contained on the Website or available through the use of the Website except to the extent required by applicable law. WMS disclaims any express or implied warranties and conditions, and does not warrant that the Website or any content herein will be uninterrupted or error-free except where required by law.
The use of the Website and communication services is AT YOUR OWN RISK. As a user, you assume full responsibility and risk of loss you make suffer as a result of accessing the website, communication services or any other content. Except to the extent that liability under any applicable law or regulation cannot be excluded, WMS is not liable for any loss or damage arising as a result of information published on or furnished through the Website or any errors of the Website.
Under no circumstances shall WMS or its officers, directors or employees be liable under this agreement to you or any third party for any indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential loss or damages that are directly or indirectly attributable to the use of or inability to use the Website or any content contained herein.
Breaches of Terms & Conditions
If you breach these terms and conditions in any way, WMS may take appropriate action to deal with the breach including suspending your access to the Website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the Website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
- Policy Modifications/Deviations
- Anonymous Data Collection
- Personally Identifiable Data
- Data Sharing
Information is collected only when it is in the interest of the user to provide it, and it is used only for the purpose it was provided. It is WMS’s policy to acquire personal information from users only by overt and voluntary means.
The Website contains links to other sites. While WMS makes every effort to ensure that linked sites and their content are reputable, WMS is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such Websites.
Anonymous Data Collection
This Website collects anonymous data that is not indicative of and cannot be traced to an individual without the cooperation of their Internet Service Provider (ISP). This data includes, but is not limited to:
- Information about the user's remote IP address
- Referral data (which page "linked" to the Website)
- The browser software's user-agent string
- The number of visits each month
- Popular search terms used to access the site
This information is accepted passively through cookies (information sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser) and the HTTP headers that are sent from the user when requesting any file from the server. The data is analyzed to derive general statistics about the site's reach and usage patterns. This information is used by the Director of Advancement & Communications to improve the site and ensure that it is as helpful as possible to visitors.
Personally Identifiable Data
No attempt is made to covertly collect personally identifiable information, nor are cookies (or any other tracking technology) used for the purpose of coordinating information that a user may opt to enter in various interfaces on the site.
Personally identifiable data is collected only through the use of forms into which the user is asked to voluntarily enter information (e.g., event registrations) and is used only for the express purpose for which it was submitted. This information is requested only when it is necessary to accomplish the purpose indicated by the page of the Website that accepts it.
Reports, statistics and other analyses of aggregate anonymous information may be shared within the WMS organization or provided to third parties at the sole discretion of WMS (e.g., for the purpose of redesigning the website or search engine optimization). This data does not include any personally identifiable information.
EXCEPTION: WMS reserves the right to use all information at its disposal and to share this information with ISPs and other third parties as necessary to investigate any violation of the Terms and Conditions of this Website.