Updated for the 2020-21 school year:
WMS aims to provide consistent, quality child care with excellent programming and the best possible staffing. On most days when classes are closed, child care will be open from 7 a.m. until 6 p.m.
These child care days are listed on the School's Out calendar. In order to maintain a program that is flexible and meets the needs of the parents and children, we have established a registration system that allows parents to reserve a space in child care on an “as needed” basis.
- Registering for child care days: Please register for child care using the School's Out Registration form. Spaces will be limited and will be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. You may also call the school (302-475-0555) to register for a child-care day. We are very careful to observe appropriate child-to-adult ratios when staffing child care days. It is important that parents register their children for these days as early in the registration period as possible.
- Canceling child care: You may cancel child care up to the day before the child care day. It is important to call the school if your child will not be attending child care because of illness. If your child is registered for child care but does not attend and you have not called to cancel, you will be billed for the day.
- Attending child care without pre-registering: Children must be pre-registered for child care. In order to maintain appropriate staff-child ratios, drop-ins may not be accepted.
- Child care for alumni and siblings from outside the school: Occasionally, child care may be available to WMS alumni or siblings of WMS students. Arrangements must be made directly with Tracey Gable, Director of Montessori Enrichment.
- Billing: Child-care is billed at the rate of $60 per child, per full day (over 3.5 hours), or $30 per half day (3.5 hours or less).
Questions? Please contact Tracey Gable, Director of Montessori Enrichment, at 302-475-0555.