The Capstone Year of the Primary Program
During their third year in Wilmington Montessori School's Primary (3-6) Program, kindergartners enjoy the following experiences:
- Expanded opportunities to explore STEAM (science, technology, engineering, the arts and mathematics) concepts both inside our state-of-the-art Maker Studio and in WMS’s beautiful outdoor environment.
- Enrichment math, writing and reading lessons that provide a strong foundation for future achievement in the Lower Elementary, Upper Elementary, and Middle School programs.
- Class time devoted to collaborative work with kindergartners from neighboring classrooms.
- Attending Specials classes as part of a kindergarten cohort to practice skills that are developmentally appropriate for growing 5- and 6-year-olds.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should my child remain at WMS for his or her kindergarten year?
- How do the first two years of the Primary Program differ academically from the kindergarten year?
- How can kindergartners be challenged when they are in the same classroom as 3-year-olds?
- What schedule options are available to kindergarten students at WMS?