The WMS Parent Cooperative Program (Co-op) builds on the sharing of skills, talents and participation throughout the school community to meet the needs of our children and benefit school programs as a whole.
Co-op provides a way for all of our children to benefit from the unique interests, talents and professional skills abundant in our parent population. Active involvement in Co-op is an excellent way to strengthen your partnership in your child’s education while getting to know other families and making valuable contributions integral to the functioning of the school.
Important change for the 2021-22 school year:
Due to considerations regarding COVID-19, the Co-op requirement will be 10 hours for the 2021-22 school year. We will begin the year allowing only students and staff in the school building, and we are uncertain about when that may change. Therefore, families will be able to complete their hours by attending online parent education programs and supporting our classrooms through activities that can be completed from home. We look forward to continuing our strong partnership with you and your family.
- What is the time requirement for Co-op?
- Who can fulfill our family’s Co-op requirement?
- How will I know how many hours I’ve submitted?
- What types of participation are eligible for Co-op hours?
- What types of participation are not eligible for Co-op hours?
- How do I determine the number of hours I report for a completed co-op job?
- How do I find out about Co-op needs?
- Is it possible to fulfill my Co-op requirement from home?
- How do I report completed Co-op hours?
- What happens if I complete my Co-op requirement before the end of the school year?
- What happens if I do not complete my Co-op requirement before the end of the school year?
- Who do I contact if I have questions about Co-op?
- When may I complete on-site Co-op jobs? (Currently not applicable for the 2021-22 school year)