As a parent or guardian of a WMS student, not only does your child become part of our collaborative learning community - you are a valued member as well.
WMS encourages parents to visit our school and classrooms frequently, participate in our Parent Cooperative Program, communicate with teachers, and take advantage of parent education opportunities.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions related to your family's experience at WMS!
Wilmington Montessori School is committed to partnering with families to create the best educational experience possible for each child. For this reason, communication between parents and staff is an integral part of the WMS experience.
Here are a few of the ways in which teachers and parents communicate throughout the school year:
- Parents drop children off at their classrooms each morning, providing opportunities for face-to-face interactions with teachers on a daily basis.
- Teachers use email to communicate information directly with parents. (Visit our staff directory to find your child's teachers).
- Parent-teacher conferences are scheduled twice each year for all families - additional conferences/meetings are available by request. Free child care is included during these meetings.
- Progress reports are distributed twice each year. These documents share detailed insights on each child's progress, far beyond that which is included in a traditional "report card."
- Edmodo serves as WMS's primary tool for teachers to share information and media with all parents within a class. When your child is enrolled at WMS, you will receive your child's "student code" and instructions for setting up your Edmodo account from your classroom teacher. Your login information will remain the same for the duration of your time at WMS.
More on Edmodo