WMS Response to Positive COVID-19 Case
Last update: 8/18/21
This information is based on guidance from the state of Delaware and the Division of Public Health.
WMS's Designated COVID-19 Contact:
All questions and information go through the nurse’s office (firstname.lastname@example.org). The school nurse will work with the state and DPH to ascertain the level of investigation and contract tracing that is needed. This includes determining if other students or staff should be quarantined or tested.
- What do we do if a student or staff member presents with multiple COVID-19 symptoms?
- When can the student or staff member who presented with symptoms, but did not have a COVID-19 test, return to school?
- What if we have a positive COVID-19 case?
- How should the school expect to find out that a student or staff member has tested positive for COVID-19?
- What happens once DPH learns that a student, teacher or other school staff member tests positive for COVID?
- What is the testing protocol for close contacts of positive cases?
- Are parents notified about a positive test in the school?
- Are there special cleaning protocols schools must follow after a positive case?