At Wilmington Montessori School, we believe you will find an extraordinary place to work, a strong sense of community and a professional learning environment.
WMS has been named one of Delaware's Top Workplaces by the News Journal for the past five years and has received a specialty award twice for having the most employees who view their work as meaningful.
What our employees say about working for WMS:
- “I feel like I'm a part of something meaningful every day.”
- “It allows me to do my job in a way that I can freely express my creativity.”
- “The people are warm and welcoming to everyone who walks through the doors. We are all working towards the same goals and mission. I feel part of something bigger than myself.”
- “They work well together as a team on behalf of the school, the students, the staff and the parents.”
For more information about employment at WMS, email HR@wmsde.org.
WMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WMS does not discriminate in the administration of its admissions and educational policies, financial aid programs, or athletic or other school-administered programs on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, creed, ancestry, gender, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, veteran’s status or any other category protected by state and/or federal laws. This statement applies to all students and employees of the school.
- Potential 2019-20 Lead Teacher Openings (Toddler through Middle School)
- Potential Openings - Assistant Teachers
Wilmington Montessori School is accepting applications for potential openings for Lead Early Childhood and Elementary Teachers for the 2019-20 school year. Potential candidates will have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in education, and Montessori certification or the willingness to obtain Montessori training.
The ideal teacher possesses:
- Passion for teaching and learning
- Desire to collaborate with others
- Commitment to understand children as individuals
- Flexibility to meet individual needs of all children
- Ability to integrate technology into all areas of study
Summary of Position:
The teacher at WMS is responsible for planning and implementing integrated instruction for students to address their cognitive, social, emotional and physical needs within a multi-age classroom setting. He or she will create a classroom environment built on respect for and between all students, and establish a positive relationship with students, families and staff.
Wilmington Montessori School is accepting applications for future openings for part-time assistant teachers.
We are a non-profit, year-round early childhood, elementary and middle school, accredited by the American Montessori Society (AMS) and Middle States Association (MSA).
-Have certification that meets Delaware First requirements or the willingness to obtain this certification.
- Pass criminal background check and a physical.
Would you like to find a school that you can call an extended family? If so, send your resume and cover letter to HR@wmsde.org today.