At Wilmington Montessori School, we believe you will find an extraordinary place to work, a strong sense of community and a professional learning environment.
WMS has been named one of Delaware's Top Workplaces by the News Journal for the past five years and has received a specialty award twice for having the most employees who view their work as meaningful.
What our employees say about working for WMS:
- “I feel like I'm a part of something meaningful every day.”
- “It allows me to do my job in a way that I can freely express my creativity.”
- “The people are warm and welcoming to everyone who walks through the doors. We are all working towards the same goals and mission. I feel part of something bigger than myself.”
- “They work well together as a team on behalf of the school, the students, the staff and the parents.”
For more information about employment at WMS, email HR@wmsde.org.
WMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Director of Admissions
- Year-Round Facilities Staff Position - Maintenance/Cleaner
- Afternoon Receptionist and Enrollment/Events Coordinator
- Summer Camp Counselor
- Potential 2019-20 Lead Teacher Openings (Toddler through Middle School)
- Assistant Teachers and On-Call Substitutes - Immediate Part-Time Openings
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree required.
- Five years of admission and tuition assistance experience in an independent school setting preferred.
- A strong commitment to toddler through eighth grade independent school education.
- Highly developed technological and data analysis skills and familiarity with student information systems.
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and managerial skills.
- Warmth, high energy, collaborative spirit, emotional intelligence and sense of humor a must.
This position is responsible for day-to-day care, maintenance and cleaning of the Wilmington Montessori School building from 2 to 9 p.m., Monday through Friday. Candidate must be an independent worker and have some knowledge of plumbing, electrical work and carpentry. Responsibilities include vacuuming, mopping and other custodial duties, as well as securing the building at the end of the night. Lifting and physical ability is a must! Send resume and/or application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-time - 2:15-6:15 p.m., Monday through Friday
Wilmington Montessori School is currently seeking a friendly, outgoing and organized Afternoon Receptionist and Enrollment/Events Coordinator.
This role serves as the primary customer service contact for the school, performing an array of duties such as greeting visitors, answering the phone and admissions office support, and is responsible for a variety of administrative tasks critical to the smooth functioning of the school and its development events and admissions processes. This person is accountable to the Director of Admissions and Director of Advancement & Communications to manage workload and tasks assigned on an ad hoc basis.
This position requires:
- A warm, welcoming, positive presence at all times.
- A professional demeanor and willingness to adapt to a changing environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and tactfully in all situations.
- Ability to understand and maintain absolute confidentiality regarding any and all information about students and their families, both current and prospective.
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as function independently.
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands in fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to understand and carry out the mission and vision of the school in all settings.
Wilmington Montessori School is seeking kind, firm, energetic and professional staff members to work with children (12 months through 8th grade) during the summer months. Applicants must be flexible, attentive, positive and able to work as part of a team. Responsibilities include supervision of groups indoors and outdoors, accompanying campers on field trips, assisting with projects and a wide variety of creative activities, building warm and professional relationships with parents and children, mediating conflicts, and supporting children as they acquire new skills and knowledge.
The Camp Montessori season begins on June 10 (with a week of pre-camp) and ends on August 23. A counselor must be available for at least seven weeks total, at least two of those in August. Those available through August 23 receive priority in hiring.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, have experience working with groups of children, and must attend the camp orientation meeting in June.
State Police fingerprint background check (must be done through WMS) and a Health Certificate from your doctor (with a Mantoux TB test done within the past 12 months) are also required.
Wilmington Montessori School is accepting applications for potential openings for Lead Early Childhood and Elementary Teachers for the 2018-19 school year. Potential candidates will have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in education, and Montessori certification or the willingness to obtain Montessori training.
The ideal teacher possesses:
- Passion for teaching and learning
- Desire to collaborate with others
- Commitment to understand children as individuals
- Flexibility to meet individual needs of all children
- Ability to integrate technology into all areas of study
Summary of Position:
The teacher at WMS is responsible for planning and implementing integrated instruction for students to address their cognitive, social, emotional and physical needs within a multi-age classroom setting. He or she will create a classroom environment built on respect for and between all students, and establish a positive relationship with students, families and staff.
Wilmington Montessori School is accepting applications for potential openings for part-time assistant teachers and on-call substitutes.
Candidates interested in part-time positions must be available to work Monday through Friday from the hours of 2:45 to 6:15 p.m.
On-call substitutes' days and hours will vary as they are used to cover for a regular staff person when they are out. Sometimes these days will be planned in advance, and some will be offered on the day of the absence. We run programs Monday through Friday between the hours of 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. Applicants may state specific days and hours of availability, and need not be available every day.
- Have certification that meets Delaware First requirements or the willingness to obtain this certification.
- Pass criminal background check and a physical.