At Wilmington Montessori School, we believe you will find an extraordinary place to work, a strong sense of community and a professional learning environment.
WMS has been named one of Delaware's Top Workplaces by the News Journal for the past five years and has received a specialty award twice for having the most employees who view their work as meaningful.
What our employees say about working for WMS:
- “I feel like I'm a part of something meaningful every day.”
- “It allows me to do my job in a way that I can freely express my creativity.”
- “The people are warm and welcoming to everyone who walks through the doors. We are all working towards the same goals and mission. I feel part of something bigger than myself.”
- “They work well together as a team on behalf of the school, the students, the staff and the parents.”
For more information about employment at WMS, email HR@wmsde.org.
WMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Director of Admissions
- Potential 2019-20 Lead Teacher Openings (Toddler through Middle School)
- Elementary/Middle School Soccer Coach
- Potential Openings - Assistant Teachers
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree required.
- Five years of admission and tuition assistance experience in an independent school setting preferred.
- A strong commitment to toddler through eighth grade independent school education.
- Highly developed technological and data analysis skills and familiarity with student information systems.
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and managerial skills.
- Warmth, high energy, collaborative spirit, emotional intelligence and sense of humor a must.
Wilmington Montessori School is accepting applications for potential openings for Lead Early Childhood and Elementary Teachers for the 2019-20 school year. Potential candidates will have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in education, and Montessori certification or the willingness to obtain Montessori training.
The ideal teacher possesses:
- Passion for teaching and learning
- Desire to collaborate with others
- Commitment to understand children as individuals
- Flexibility to meet individual needs of all children
- Ability to integrate technology into all areas of study
Summary of Position:
The teacher at WMS is responsible for planning and implementing integrated instruction for students to address their cognitive, social, emotional and physical needs within a multi-age classroom setting. He or she will create a classroom environment built on respect for and between all students, and establish a positive relationship with students, families and staff.
Wilmington Montessori School is seeking a soccer coach for children in third through eighth grade. The fall soccer season is 10 weeks long, with practices/games two days per week. Please contact Tracey Gable, Director of Montessori Enrichment, for more information.
Wilmington Montessori School is accepting applications for future openings for part-time assistant teachers.
We are a non-profit, year-round early childhood, elementary and middle school, accredited by the American Montessori Society (AMS) and Middle States Association (MSA).
-Have certification that meets Delaware First requirements or the willingness to obtain this certification.
- Pass criminal background check and a physical.
Would you like to find a school that you can call an extended family? If so, send your resume and cover letter to HR@wmsde.org today.