At Wilmington Montessori School, we believe you will find an extraordinary place to work, a strong sense of community and a professional learning environment.
WMS has been named one of Delaware's Top Workplaces by the News Journal for the past five years and has received a specialty award twice for having the most employees who view their work as meaningful.
What our employees say about working for WMS:
- “I feel like I'm a part of something meaningful every day.”
- “It allows me to do my job in a way that I can freely express my creativity.”
- “The people are warm and welcoming to everyone who walks through the doors. We are all working towards the same goals and mission. I feel part of something bigger than myself.”
- “They work well together as a team on behalf of the school, the students, the staff and the parents.”
For more information about employment at WMS, email HR@wmsde.org.
WMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Business Manager (20-25 hours per week)
- Part-Time Assistant Teachers and On-Call Substitutes - Immediate Openings
- Potential 2019-20 Lead Teacher Openings (Toddler through Middle School)
Management of the Business Office
- Provide leadership to the Business Office.
- Manage/oversee the financial operations of the school, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of data to the Board and Head of School, as well as services to the parents and employees of the school.
- Manage the annual audit.
- Develop and manage the annual operating budget.
- Accountable for the monthly preparation and review of the operating statement.
- Maintain the school’s long-term financial model. Assumptions are developed in collaboration with the Head of School and Finance Committee.
Oversight & Risk Management
- Manage financial risks.
- Ensure the safety of personnel and students and maintain appropriate levels of insurance to protect the property and cover the liability of the school.
- Provide financial and accounting services including oversight and analysis of the financial investments, banking activities, benefits programs and debt services with recommendations for action to the Head of School and Board of Directors.
- Develop and monitor outside contracts as to quality, price and budgetary adherence.
- Ensure that the school is following all legal, licensing and accreditation guidelines.
- Advise and provide financial, strategic and risk information to the Head of School and Board of Directors.
- Provide and interpret cost/expense analysis of programs within the school to be used as a basis for decision-making.
Other Professional Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, guidance and administrative support for key Board committees.
- Liaison with the school’s attorney, banks and other contracted professionals in conjunction with the Head of School.
- Attend Finance Committee meetings monthly.
- Address parent and/or employee escalations.
- Provide detailed Capital/Comprehensive Campaign fundraising and spending reporting, and reconcile activity with Director of Advancement & Communications.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Commitment to WMS’s mission and core values
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Professionalism and discretion
- Ability to collaborate with a team as well as work independently when necessary
- Proficient with Blackbaud Financial Edge software
- Strong technology skills and familiarity with Google Drive applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business; master’s degree preferred
- 5-7 years of financial experience and management experience with the day-to-day financial operations of an organization of at least 50 staff members (Business Manager or Controller experience a plus)
- Non-profit accounting business/financial experience in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to HR@wmsde.org.
Wilmington Montessori School is accepting applications for potential openings for part-time assistant teachers and on-call substitutes.
Candidates interested in part-time positions must be available to work Monday through Friday from the hours of 2:45 to 6:15 p.m.
On-call substitutes' days and hours will vary as they are used to cover for a regular staff person when they are out. Sometimes these days will be planned in advance, and some will be offered on the day of the absence. We run programs Monday through Friday between the hours of 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. Applicants may state specific days and hours of availability, and need not be available every day.
- Have certification that meets Delaware First requirements or the willingness to obtain this certification.
- Pass criminal background check and a physical.
Wilmington Montessori School is accepting applications for potential openings for Lead Early Childhood and Elementary Teachers for the 2018-19 school year. Potential candidates will have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in education, and Montessori certification or the willingness to obtain Montessori training.
The ideal teacher possesses:
- Passion for teaching and learning
- Desire to collaborate with others
- Commitment to understand children as individuals
- Flexibility to meet individual needs of all children
- Ability to integrate technology into all areas of study
Summary of Position:
The teacher at WMS is responsible for planning and implementing integrated instruction for students to address their cognitive, social, emotional and physical needs within a multi-age classroom setting. He or she will create a classroom environment built on respect for and between all students, and establish a positive relationship with students, families and staff.