At Wilmington Montessori School, we believe you will find an extraordinary place to work, a strong sense of community and a professional learning environment.
WMS has been named one of Delaware's Top Workplaces by the News Journal for the past five years and has received a specialty award twice for having the most employees who view their work as meaningful.
What our employees say about working for WMS:
- “I feel like I'm a part of something meaningful every day.”
- “It allows me to do my job in a way that I can freely express my creativity.”
- “The people are warm and welcoming to everyone who walks through the doors. We are all working towards the same goals and mission. I feel part of something bigger than myself.”
- “They work well together as a team on behalf of the school, the students, the staff and the parents.”
For more information about employment at WMS, email HR@wmsde.org.
WMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Director of Admissions
- Senior Accountant
- Front Desk Assistant - Part-time
- Potential 2019-20 Lead Teacher Openings (Toddler through Middle School)
- Assistant Teachers and On-Call Substitutes - Immediate Part-Time Openings
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree required.
- Five years of admission and tuition assistance experience in an independent school setting preferred.
- A strong commitment to toddler through eighth grade independent school education.
- Highly developed technological and data analysis skills and familiarity with student information systems.
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and managerial skills.
- Warmth, high energy, collaborative spirit, emotional intelligence and sense of humor a must.
- Provides accurate billing and timely deposits for all programs (including school, extended day and camp programs)
- Oversees the Financial Aid application and distribution process.
- Student billing - Maintains Blackbaud General Ledger and Student Billing modules.
- Accounts receivable - Responsible for collections of receivables / Reconciles monthly fundraising activity with the Development office.
- Oversees bank accounts and investment activity
- Positive and accurate communications with families as a representative of the school community.
- Communicates with families on a regular basis regarding tuition, program payments, and procedures and policies of the Business Office
- Communicates and supports the mission and strategic vision of the school
- Supports Business Manager and Head of School with ad-hoc reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required/Preferred Education - Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Required/Preferred Experience - 3+ years in a business office performing multiple functions; an understanding of the operations of a small business office and ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; experience with Blackbaud a plus
Please send resume, cover letter, references and salary requirements to HR@wmsde.org.
The Front Desk Assistant provides receptionist services and is the first point of contact for visitors, parents and students at Wilmington Montessori School.
Wilmington Montessori School is accepting applications for potential openings for Lead Early Childhood and Elementary Teachers for the 2018-19 school year. Potential candidates will have a bachelor’s degree, preferably in education, and Montessori certification or the willingness to obtain Montessori training.
The ideal teacher possesses:
- Passion for teaching and learning
- Desire to collaborate with others
- Commitment to understand children as individuals
- Flexibility to meet individual needs of all children
- Ability to integrate technology into all areas of study
Summary of Position:
The teacher at WMS is responsible for planning and implementing integrated instruction for students to address their cognitive, social, emotional and physical needs within a multi-age classroom setting. He or she will create a classroom environment built on respect for and between all students, and establish a positive relationship with students, families and staff.
Wilmington Montessori School is accepting applications for potential openings for part-time assistant teachers and on-call substitutes.
Candidates interested in part-time positions must be available to work Monday through Friday from the hours of 2:45 to 6:15 p.m.
On-call substitutes' days and hours will vary as they are used to cover for a regular staff person when they are out. Sometimes these days will be planned in advance, and some will be offered on the day of the absence. We run programs Monday through Friday between the hours of 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. Applicants may state specific days and hours of availability, and need not be available every day.
- Have certification that meets Delaware First requirements or the willingness to obtain this certification.
- Pass criminal background check and a physical.