- Integrated Curriculum: A full-summer theme is divided into weekly units, allowing children to explore a scientific topic through many lenses: art, literature, music, culture, cooking, gardening and thematic games, as well as practice with the practices of traditional scientific inquiry. How does a scientist look at a tiger? How about an artist? A writer? A zookeeper? Active games, water play, all-camp parties and visiting programs round out the summer experience. Our summer 2016 theme is world geography!
- Highly-Trained and Experienced Staff: Camp is led by year-round WMS teachers and certified teachers from other schools, all of whom participate in continuous professional development and are committed to nurturing children in a caring and creative environment. Staff members pay close attention to social dynamics, coaching and supporting children as they learn to resolve conflicts and grow friendships.
- Facilities/Campus: Our beautifully-equipped classrooms are designed to facilitate children’s development of independence, competence and confidence. Expansive playgrounds, full gymnasium and acres of natural woodlands provide the perfect background for a program supporting children’s physical, social and intellectual development.
- Flexible Scheduling: 10 one-week sessions; three- or five-day, half- or full-day; extended care available from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Weekly Prices: 5 full days: $280; 3 full days: $200; 5 half days: $185; 3 half days: $115; 5 half days in conjunction with a Specialty Camp: $115
- A variety of age appropriate Specialty Camps in art, music, drama, dance and movement are also available.