||Montessori education for all children is based on these concepts:
- The aim of Montessori education is to foster autonomous, competent, responsible and adaptive citizens who are lifelong learners and problem-solvers.
- Learning occurs in an inquisitive, cooperative and nurturing atmosphere. Students increase their own knowledge through self- and teacher-initiated experiences.
- Learning takes place through the senses. Students learn through manipulating materials and interacting with others. These meaningful experiences are precursors to the abstract understanding of ideas.
- The individual is considered as a whole. The physical, emotional, social, aesthetic and cognitive needs and interests are inseparable and equally important.
- Respect for oneself, others, the environment and life is necessary to develop a caring attitude toward all people.