It is our goal to provide consistent, quality child-care with excellent programming and the best possible staffing. On most days when classes are closed, child-care will be open from 7 a.m. until 6 p.m.
These Child-Care Days are listed on the Advance Child-Care Registration Form
. In order to maintain a program that is flexible and meets the needs of the parents and children, we have established a registration system that allows parents to reserve a space in child-care on an “as needed” basis.
1. Registering for Child-Care Days
: Please register for child-care using the online forms highlighted in the previous paragraph. Registration forms will also be posted on the child-care boards three weeks prior to the Child-Care Day(s). You may register by completing a form and leaving it in the Director of Extended Programs Cass Winner’s box at the front desk or in the envelope provided. Spaces will be limited and will be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. You may also call the school (302-475-0555) or email email@example.com
to register for a Child-Care Day. We are very careful to observe appropriate child-to-adult ratios when staffing Child-Care Days. It is important that parents register their children for these days as early in the registration period as possible. In order to maintain a quality program, we need timely information from parents.
2. Late registration: Registration forms will be removed from the child-care board one week prior to the Child-Care Day. Requests after this time need to be made directly to Cass. If space/staffing ratios do not allow it, we will not be able to provide care.
3. Canceling child-care: You may cancel child-care up to the day before the Child-Care Day. It is important to call the school if your child will not be attending child care because of illness. If your child is registered for child-care but does not attend and you have not called to cancel, you will be billed for the day.
4. Attending child-care without pre-registering: Children must be pre-registered. In order to maintain appropriate staff-child ratios, drop-ins may not be accepted.
5. Child-care for alumni and siblings from outside the school
: Occasionally, child-care may be available to WMS alumni or siblings of WMS students, but arrangements must be made directly with Cass Winner
6. Snow Days: When classes are closed because of bad weather, child-care will be available from 7 a.m. until 6 p.m., if conditions allow. Closings will be announced on the WMS website, social media and via the AlertNow Emergency Communication System. No pre-registration is necessary.
7. Billing: Child-care is billed at the rate of $55 per child, per full day (over 3.5 hours), or $25 per half day (3.5 hours or less).
8. Pre-paid days: Parents who have pre-paid for child-care may switch reserved days around in the child-care calendar (with notice), but will not receive billing credits or refunds for unused days or cancellations without notice.
Questions? Please contact Cass Winner
, Director of Extended Programs, at 302-475-0555.