||As a community, we focus on the principles of C.A.R.E.S. (Cooperation, Assertion, Responsibility, Empathy and Self-Control) as the code of conduct that guides students, parents, faculty, administrators and staff in our everyday interactions throughout the school. Our positive and healthy learning environment is based on:
- Respect and appreciation for what each member contributes to the community.
- Mutual respect and trust in communications, no matter what our roles may be.
- Teamwork and support of each other in our personal growth.
1. Listening respectfully and actively to all perspectives
2. Collaborating to share resources, information, and ideas
3. Participating positively and actively in the process to support a positive outcome
4. Compromising to achieve a common goal
1. Setting healthy boundaries and expressing needs honestly, directly and respectfully
2. Considering appropriate time, place and participants when addressing concerns
3. Behaving in a manner that is mutually safe and respectful
4. Stating ideas clearly using a calm voice and respectful tone
5. Staying on topic and focusing on solutions
1. Keeping our commitments to each other and the community
2. Acting as positive role models for others in the school community
3. Approaching challenges from a solution-oriented perspective
4. Inviting and including all parties who need to be part of, and could be affected by, our conversations and decisions when possible.
1. Being responsive to the needs of others, supporting, encouraging, or assisting as necessary
2. Seeking to understand other points of view
1. Taking time to reflect on a situation before responding to it
2. Maintaining confidentiality in communications
3. Accepting differences gracefully and speaking positively about others in our school community.
4. Being mindful of our commitment to the C.A.R.E.S. principles.